Welcome! How can we help?
What are Care Requests? How can I submit one?
What is a Care Request?
Care requests allow users to send a request to multiple hosts at once, especially when in search of last-minute care. This request will broadcast to hosts based on the desired proximity to the guest and the host’s availability. They are like regular bookings, but they allow guests to send the same request to multiple people at once based on their proximity.
Once a care request is sent, hosts can then respond and request to be booked by the guest. From there, you will be able to message back and forth with any responding hosts and view their profiles prior to confirming your booking. Guests are still able to choose the host they feel best fits their needs!
Our hope is this feature will help those in a time crunch find the childcare they need quickly!
Note: All conversations regarding care requests will show up in "Care Requests" on your dashboard, not your messages tab.
Process to Send a Care Request
- Select "Create Care Request"
- Select date and time of proposed booking
- Enter your full address (this will not be displayed to prospective hosts)
- Select the radius you would like to search
- Write a custom message for the prospective hosts
- Select "Submit"
- Hosts in your radius will receive a text and push notification with your request
- Once a host requests to book, you can view their profile and determine if they are a good fit for you
- When you find a good host, select "Book Host and Close Request"
- Complete payment
Process to Host a Care Request
- Hosts will receive a text and push notification when there is a new Care Request in their area
- New requests can be viewed while logged in on the dashboard or by selecting "Care Requests" in the top navigation
- Write a custom message for the guest (all conversations will show up in "Care Requests" on your dashboard, not your messages tab)
- Select "Request to Book"
- If your request is accepted, you will receive notification of a booking scheduled
- If your request is declined, you will receive a notification and the request will disappear from your dashboard
- To disable receiving care requests, edit your host profile in the "basics" section
To sign up, you must be 18 or older. Other people won’t see your birthday.